FIRST CAST Fly Rod - v2.0 (Rod sections only)
- Low stock - 4 items left
- Inventory on the way
Our first cast fly rods are updated as we discuss HERE this rod sections only purchase is for current customers who want to use their existing rod handle, reel, line, rod sleeve but grab the updated rod sections. Everything is cross-compatible! Just load in your new rod blanks and line by following this video HERE
Included: First Cast Fly Rod v2.0 rod sections
Not Included: Rod handle, Reel, Line, Rod Sleeve
*If you want to purchase a complete rod only, please email us, you will still need to use our line with these rods to work well with the internal design*
Rod Graphite ~4wt - 9' - Medium action - internal line
Reel Aluminum CNC - Carbon drag - 75mm OD - Left/right retrieve
Line 90ft - Floating - Proprietary line made in partnership with Rio
Storage 19" collapsed - 8oz Rod & Reel - 2oz Case
Setup Stores with fly tied on, extend and cast in 30 seconds
What's included Rod, Reel, Line, Tapered Leader, neoprene storage bag, compact fly box
Where is it Made Finished + Assembled in USA w/Imported and USA produced components
How do you setup and use the rod?
- Rod comes with line fed through it and all you need to do is open it up and take a cast, see video HERE
What if I pull the line out of the rod?
- You can feed it back through by following this little method HERE
Can I buy the rod by itself?
- Not right now, We spent almost 2 years working on this combination of parts to make this rod work well as an easy to use system. The goal is to give you a package that is ready to go and already setup when the box arrives!
Am I a LEFTY or RIGHTY for ordering?
- A bit tricky with rods, but you should hold the rod with your dominant hand, and crank the reel with the other. Our standard offering is for right-handers who hold the rod with their right hand, the other is for those freakish lefties (like our founder)
Does the reel flip from RIGHTY to LEFTY crank?
- YEP! flip the bearing on the reel and spool the line the other way if you have the wrong direction crank reel See video HERE on how to do it
Can I change the reel or line once I get it?
- Yes these can be changed however you like, but we recommend staying with our line as we worked with engineers and industry experts to make specifically this line work well in the rod
Can I use the rod in saltwater?
- Yep! we would just recommend you take off the butt cap and rinse out the inside when you get home
I got my rod stuck open, what do I do?
- You don't need much force to secure the rod open, but if it does get stuck at full length a twist of each section is usually most effective, if not bump the bottom of the rod on a solid surface to try and coax it loose
Do you sell replacement tips and parts?
- We cover any parts that are defective or broken in normal use free of charge, just show us a picture of what happened and we will work with you to replace what is broken.
- If your dog ate it or you slammed it in a car door though, we have a section where you can buy replacement parts HERE
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase please email us within 30 days of your ship date to communicate why and we will accept back the complete product in good condition and refund your purchase minus the shipping cost.
We Currently ship to the USA, Canada and Japan. We hope to add more countries soon.