We designed these felt-soled booties for superior velcro-like traction in the water to outperform both wading boots and sport sandals as wet wading options.
When Testing these in the Pacific Northwest and remote rivers of Europe - we literally ran circles around our sandal and rubber-soled shoe-wearing friends!
These are lighter and smaller than traditional wading boots to result in less current drag in the water and easier to get them to your optimal fishing spot
They offer superior traction and protection over sport sandals - no more rocks stuck between your sandal and foot + your toes are protected from stubbing.
Each pair comes with a stuff sack to help you approach the river in your shoe of choice, then swap to these booties oncer there, and take them home again in the bag to keep your other gear dry.
Take note that felt-soled shoes need some extra care to clean and dry between water systems to help prevent the spread of unwanted critters and plant life - care card sent with each pair as a reminder as well.
Stuff Sack Included
Example Weight: 1 pair + carry bag Size 9: 1lb 3oz Size 12: 1lb 7oz
"Put Simply I am completely obsessed with the Reyr rod" - MTN News
- - -
"REYR Gear upends traditional design" - G.J.
- - -
"Magical Telescoping Fly Rod" A.J.
- - -
"Since I'm an avid bikepacker and hiker, I like a fly rod I can sling in a backpack and unfold in a minute to access a whole range of new fishing experiences" - B.I.
- - -
"I think I’ve finally found my ideal set up both for traveling and small streams."
- - -
"Interested in Fly Fishing? This is the rod to get you started" - G.P.
- - -
"the convenience of not having to re-rig for just 25 minutes of fishing is priceless" - J.C.
- - -
"REYR First Cast updates the fly rod into simpler, more portable gear" - C.T.
- - -
"It’s easy to pack away, carry, and rig, and offers a fun new way to get on the water." F.L.
- Not right now, We spent almost 2 years working on this combination of parts to make this rod work well as an easy to use system. The goal is to give you a package that is ready to go and already setup when the box arrives!
Am I a LEFTY or RIGHTY for ordering?
- A bit tricky with rods, but you should hold the rod with your dominant hand, and crank the reel with the other. Our standard offering is for right-handers who hold the rod with their right hand, the other is for those freakish lefties (like our founder)
Does the reel flip from RIGHTY to LEFTY crank?
- YEP! flip the bearing on the reel and spool the line the other way if you have the wrong direction crank reel See video HERE on how to do it
Can I change the reel or line once I get it?
- Yes these can be changed however you like, but we recommend staying with our line as we worked with engineers and industry experts to make specifically this line work well in the rod
Can I use the rod in saltwater?
- Yep! we would just recommend you take off the butt cap and rinse out the inside when you get home
I got my rod stuck open, what do I do?
- You don't need much force to secure the rod open, but if it does get stuck at full length a twist of each section is usually most effective, if not bump the bottom of the rod on a solid surface to try and coax it loose
Do you sell replacement tips and parts?
- We cover any parts that are defective or broken in normal use free of charge, just show us a picture of what happened and we will work with you to replace what is broken.
- If your dog ate it or you slammed it in a car door though, we have a section where you can buy replacement parts HERE
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase please email us within 30 days of your ship date to communicate why and we will accept back the complete product in good condition and refund your purchase minus the shipping cost.
We Currently ship to the USA, Canada and Japan. We hope to add more countries soon.